Saturday 5 November 2011

My Photography Journey


I got my first camera when I was a teenager and I took pictures of my friends back then. As a mother I took as many photos of my kids as I could afford to get developed. I had few technical skills, but I loved capturing special moments of my children. I got my first digital camera 10 or 11 years ago, which I've mentioned before, and at that time the sky was the limit. I let go of worry about getting each photograph perfect so as not to waste film or worry about what I took pictures of, and I took thousands of photos. From that time on I continue to photograph family events and places I visit. I met some wonderful people along the way that have become life long friends. I've taken photography lessons through local photographers to help develop my skills and the homework assignments were thought provoking and therapeutic.  Photography has also allowed for creative artistic expression and this has a lot of therapeutic value as well. I highly recommend photography to everyone. You don't need to be a professional photographer to feel the therapeutic benefits of photography


No comments:

Post a Comment