Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas in a Photograph

Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.
Ansel Adams

A photograph, through the visual symbols embedded in it, can reveal so much about the artists inner life; emotions, values, and a whole host of unconscious messages. I chose this photograph to post because when I look at it I am reminded about some of the Christmas traditions I was brought up with. The decorated tree, Santa Claus, and gifts, were some of those traditions, and of course pets are always in the picture.  Family members are part of Christmas for me too of course, and so much more.  Pets bring so much joy in life and these 2 little guys are so cute, looking in their stockings for stuffed toys to play with. It's hilarious and including them in a photograph just captures memories of joyful times. Today, and over the rest of the holidays, I hope you take lots of pictures of the events and all the little details that express something about you, perhaps your own traditions, like special foods or that special gift, what brings you joy,  what is important to you at Christmas, and the special people who are sharing these memories in the making. The photo above brings a smile to my face when I see it. I hope you create some wonderful memories this Christmas and capture them in photographs to cherish for years to come. Merry Christmas everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment