Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Eve Night Photography

Let us leave behind sadness, regrets and painful moments and have a new start full of joy this year. - Unknown author

Happy New Years Eve

This past year has been a busy yet exciting one for me. The best part was having more time to practice using my camera in many creative ways. Tonight many people will be attending parties with others and ringing the new year with a glass of champagne and perhaps a kiss.  If you have no plans for partying, there is no need to feel blue. This is the perfect time to go try some night photography. Here is my first attempt at creating a sphere of light with a long exposure on my camera. It isn't perfect but it sure was a lot of fun trying. If you do a google search for night photography or light painting photography you will find so many tips and youtube videos. Check out the tutorial for light orbs at this link for PhotoExtremist at  http://photoextremist.com/orb-light-painting-tutorial.  This fellow can do amazing things with photography and he is quite inspiring. Tonight I plan to go outside and try making a star trail image. I've always wanted to try it and I figured that this would be the perfect activity for me to do on New Years Eve. Remember to be safe; dress appropriately for the weather, don't go alone to unsafe places, and taking others with you are just a few tips for staying safe when you go out at night to photograph. Here is hoping that the sky is clear tonight so I can get some star trail photos and I hope you try some night photography as well. Rather than feeling down about not attending parties, take a different attitude about it and give night photography a try. What better way to ring in the new year. You'll be focused on something positive and you're sure to have so much fun.

Happy New Years and all the best to you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment